Thursday, January 21, 2010

Disposable Soup Cups How Do I Feed My 17 Years Old Dog?

How do I feed my 17 years old dog? - disposable soup cups

1) My dog Spitz 17 years, used to feed and take a walk or a week. But one day I suddenly realized that he had slept all day. In consultation with the vet told me that he is suffering from dehydration. A net lactate was started walking for several hours. Even now, it feels to sit or sleep all day. He does not eat. I have to feed him every day with fresh lemon or chicken broth with a disposable syringe, which is very difficult and sometimes exhausting. No idea how I can easily feed him?

2) Secondly, today, noted after routine testing, the doctor nothing wrong (or so it seems normal to me, too), but one thing that worries me, why not walk or with food. He refused to even his favorite foods like ice cream or eggs. You can share if anyone has encountered this kind of behavior in dogs at the age of 17 years (just 17 1 / 2 years). The views of professionals or people who have seen similar symptoms in dogs to respond.
Thank you in advance.

8 comments:

Lauren M said...

It is important that your veterinarian for a thorough work to be done to determine what happens to your dog. The laboratory work is needed to determine the cause of his illness. He had kidney or liver disease, cancer, or something else. You need your dog hydrated and quick-drying will make your dog worse, especially if you suffer from kidney disease. You can help a Pedialyte or Gatorade, and you hydrated on your electrolytes. Find and treat the cause of the problem, no amount of force-feeding to help him. Please send your vet or a new place for more detailed work.

Ginbail © said...

Congratulations, that a dog in an age so mature! Few people have dogs that live to be so old.

Have you tried to take their food with water before eating? It could be that your teeth are not strong enough to chew, as it before. The canned food is sweeter and provide water as well.

helges_u... said...

I am very surprised that he had found nothing wrong with pet.These your symptoms are not normal and you should get a second opinion. We had an old dog there for many years and seems like Brunswick Liverwurst.And lame daily or translucent. Good luck and I know the feeling of helplessness is going on.

Lady Knight said...

It can only spend the achievement of the age in which they are willing to. I know it's sad, but happy that I have for so long. Most dogs do not live that long. I think your body is tired and old. The size and nature and the elderly. They sleep, eat less and just kind of going.

Hope this helps, and I hope that I'm completely wrong.

Stephanie S said...

I hate to say it, but says he is ready to go. When the animals to stop eating and then quit to pursue all their normal activities, is a good indication that they pretty miserable. As a pet owner, you have a resopsiblilty do it in the right thing and help. Fliuds gavage and IV is only going to draw a very difficult decision for you and prolong their suffering. I know how to do this decision. I have done myself, but you have to do what is best for him. Good luck and sorry for your situation.

Myra said...

Age is probably .... when there is nothing physically wrong with him ... no sickness, no disease or organ failure ..... there is nothing that one can really do .... Many animals simply too old to not do what they normally do .... CNA is too much for her ...... You should be happy that I had a good 17 years of his life .... some dogs never to that age ...

Myra said...

Age is probably .... when there is nothing physically wrong with him ... no sickness, no disease or organ failure ..... there is nothing that one can really do .... Many animals simply too old to not do what they normally do .... CNA is too much for her ...... You should be happy that I had a good 17 years of his life .... some dogs never to that age ...

joyce said...

May use a fork and spoon for best results

Post a Comment